CitraBlue St. Augustine Acreage Map
CitraBlue St. Augustine’s Current Availability and Projected Acreage – June Update
In these early days following the release of CitraBlueTM St. Augustine, turfgrass producers around the state of Florida are growing and expanding their crops. Acreage is available to the public to purchase is readying up at different times and that will be the case for much of the rest of 2020 before widespread acreage availability in 2021.
Take a look at our CitraBlue acreage map below to get a visual representation of the farms that will grow CitraBlue below. Click each pin to see each farm’s name and location. Green pins represent the farms that have already planted CitraBlue whereas orange pins show the farms that are still in progress of planting.
Refer to the below data to see farms that have planted out, farms that are still in the process of planting out, and anticipated acreage for the 2nd half of 2020.
Sod Farms That Have Planted:
1. A. Duda in Lake Placid, FL (Available June) and Cocoa, FL – Available Late Summer
2. Bay Breeze in Ruskin, FL – Available Late Summer
3. Bayside Sod in Parrish, FL
4. Bethel Farms in Arcadia, FL
5. Council Growers in Wimauma, FL
6. H&H Sod in Kenansville, FL – Available Late Summer
7. JW Turf in Okeechobee, FL – Available Fall
8. King Ranch in Belle Grlade, FL – Available Fall
9. R.B. Farms in Lake Placid, FL – Available Late Summer
10. Riebeling Farms in Foley, AL
11. Star Farms in Belle Glade, FL (Available June) and Sebring, FL – Available Fall
12. Tater Farms in Hastings, FL
13. Travis Resmondo Sod in Dundee, FL – Available Late Summer
14. Woerner Agri-Business in Vero Beach, FL (Available July) and Bon Secours, AL
15. Woerner Companies in Bronson, FL (Available Fall) and Bon Secours, AL
Sod Farms with Planting in Progress:
1. Action Sod in Miami, FL
2. Babcock in Punta Gorda, FL
3. Classic Turf / Woerner Holdings in Belle Glade, FL
4. Florida Premier Turf, LLC in Palmetto, FL
5. K&S Sod in Belle Glade, FL
6. Lake Jem in Mt. Dora, FL
7. McCall Sod in Southport, FL
8. S&K Sod in St. Cloud, FL
9. TurfPro Services in Belle Glade, FL
Current Acreage: 365 Acres
Year End 2020 Acreage: 1000+
As previously mentioned in our CitraBlue St. Augustine’s Introduction at the 2019 Florida ASLA Conference post, several landscape architects have already begun specifying CitraBlue St. Augustine for projects that will be shovel-ready in late 2020. In response to these requests, licensed producers are expanding as quickly as possible to meet what is expected to be great demand. To read more about CitraBlue, visit citrablue.com.
CitraBlue™ ‘FSA1602’ St. Augustine grass was developed by the University of Florida’s turfgrass breeding program under a sponsored Research Service Agreement with the Turfgrass Producers of Florida, Inc. (TPF). CitraBlue St. Augustine is exclusively licensed to TPF by Florida Foundation Seed Producers, Inc., a direct support organization of the University of Florida. CitraBlue is marketed by Sod Solutions, Inc. and is now available throughout Florida.